Saturday, January 16, 2010

Clafoutis is real French country food without the fuss


There are many places to stop and eat in Santa Fe. Many people want something special when they visit the plaza or stay at La Fonda, El Dorado, or the St. Frances hotels. Why not stroll through the streets of Santa Fe from the plaza and discover its' hidden charms? Or take a 2 minutes drive down Guadalupe Street to Paseo de Peralta near the Rosario chapel and discover a restaurant that is a family affair? The head chef and baker, Philippe Ligier always delivers only the best food. I must admit a few years ago this restaurant was one of my coveted secrets. It was so good I avoided telling anyone except my closest confidants. I wanted to keep it the same and enjoy it for myself. My plan failed. The New Mexican "Reporter" runs a yearly "best of" restaurants in Santa Fe and not surprisingly Clafoutis won 2 years in a row. This year they won 1st place "Best French Restaurant" And "Best dessert" With my secret out I'm compelled to say "Don't miss out" on this great restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment